Tuesday, April 24, 2007

moved and settling in...

It's been almost a month since we moved to our new apartment. Tiny details keep popping up that needed attention (which I couldn't spare, no time). Had to drive to a payment center to pay the deposit for the electricity service. Had to do that one right away since they failed to mail the notice to me right away and there's a deadline, else I want the power to go out, tsk, tsk... Then the dish went out for some reason. It was up while we had a storm but when it turned sunny, it conked out on us. Hmmm... Good thing the people who installed it were kind enough to drop by later that day to fix it. My son wasn't too happy, though, he missed a Pokemon show... The sofa bed needed to be re-upholstered, one more cushion left to cover and I'm done... (it's a do-it-yourself project for me). Sometimes I blame my Dad why he had to teach me how to be handy, now I try to do all sorts of handiwork if I can... Nah! I love tinkering with stuff; I just wish I have more time for it.

My daughter's room, thank God, is finally finished (I think). Her bed's in place(with all the trimmings), we got a table, a bookshelf, a side table, a decorative lamp, table lamp, her special "wavy" mirror which she peppered with her pictures, and PINK curtains so when she opens her door pink light shines out (iks!). Whatever tiny details she wants to add, she'll have to do it herself, he he... The room my son and I share is half done... we need more furniture (I think), but most of the stuff's out of the way. The living room is finally taking shape, but still cluttered. The kitchen, I think, was the first one that got organized. Got to be, had to feed the always hungry mouths.

Moving is not fun... too much work. But I know it will all be worth it once everything is in place :)

3 comments:

Bittersweet said...

meron na bang space kapag nagpunta kami ni engr?

maria said...

Syempre naman... ikaw pa mawalan ng space? Ang kape, please...

Heart of Rachel said...

Glad many things have been accomplished lately to make your home cozy and comfortable. Hope everything that needs to be done will be completed soon.