Friday, April 01, 2005

my sunset

to continue his story...


Unknown to him, she was hurting inside. She didn't know how to break the news. It would devastate him. She took a deep breath and started to say something...


"I am so sorry, (whatever the name of the guy is since you forgot to provide one) there is something very important that i have to tell you. I will be flying to the US in 3 days... to stay there for good."

He sits up and looks at her bewildered, "what are you trying to tell me?"

"I have to ask you to let me go, " Gracie said.

"But why?" "Why didn't you tell me you were planning to leave?" "What about us? our future?" And he chokes back the tears scared to ask the one question that will crush him.

She dared not look at him.

"I'm so sorry." And Gracie gets up to leave. "Goodbye, I hope you find someone who will love you more than I ever could." She whispers as she walks away, not looking back, afraid that what she will see will make her stay.

And so, 3 days later, he is sitting at their favorite spot, looking at the sunset, watching as the plane grows smaller taking Gracie far away. Remembering the happy times spent with her watching the sunset, still hoping that there will be another sunset to watch with her, somewhere...

0 comments: