Saturday, January 20, 2007

almost caught...

January 1, 2007

Woke up early... we are going snowboarding... at least the kids are. Eson was kind enough to take us to Mountain High so the kids can finally see snow. We were supposed to go to the Rose Parade, but guess what snow won over flowers. Nanay went with us, I guess to watch us make fools of ourselves, he he.

We did not hit any traffic going there... not to many people at that time (which was lucky). We lined up to get our ticket, equipment and waited a few minutes for the snowboarding lesson to start. Kyla told me she fell hard on her butt, and Axel I guess would have enjoyed it more if he didn't have to walk around with the snowboard on his feet (I think it's a liitle too heavy on his knees). They did say that it was a great experience, but not one they would be likely to try again anytime soon...

All my passengers were poofed even before I started the car to head home... well, so much for snowboarding.

January 2, 2007

Had to work today, but went home early because it's Kyla's first day at school. As of this writing, she's already had 2 exams for her Accounting class, both of which she got 97/100.

January 15, 2007

It's a holiday! And we are going back to the snow... mind you not to snowboard but to go tubing. This has got to be one of the coldest days ever! We are all bundled up but the cold still get to you. We got there early as usual, so we went up to the cafe to eat something first. The resort doesn't open till 9am.

An off snow tubing we go!!!! (pics later). Not only was it cold, the wind is blowing really hard. I think they said the temperature goes well below zero when the wind blows... brrr.... frozen me...

After an hour and a half we took a break more from the cold than from being tired. Ordered chicken noodle soup and coffee to warm us up. I don't know what it is about kids, but they still managed to eat dippin dots in that freezing weather. When we went out of the cafe again, there was a long line waiting to slide down the hill. The kids decided that it's not worth it to wait in line for 15 minutes before actually being able to slide down. So off we went to the side of the resort (National Forest side). We tried to make a snowman, but only managed to make the head... too cold... Then we walked some more and found a sled somebody left behind. I though I was going to have a heart attack as Kyla and Axel went sliding down the hill... I am getting to old for this kind of thing. The kids were having fun so we stayed longer... more brrr....

After that we took off and ate at a small restaurant in the village, then it's homeward bound for us. As before, the kids conked out on me... I had to lie down when we got to my sister's house... I was just too tired. It was a great day... with me getting frozen and all :)

0 comments: